Lisa and Daren have been married for over 24 years and have 4 children. They met while attending Western Illinois University, got married, and attended Purdue University while Daren completed his masters degree and Lisa completed her bachelor’s degree. After graduation they moved back to Central Illinois to start their family and careers.
The husband and wife duo complement each other with Daren’s extensive Integrated Pest Management research and development career, and Lisa’s business management degree from Purdue. Daren has spent the past 24+ years working in the area of Integrated Pest Management for several Global Agricultural Pest Management Companies in Illinois and Wisconsin. Although his daily interaction has been with farmers and county extension officers and professors, -he can now offer his expertise to you, the Central Illinois homeowner!
Lisa has been a business consultant for those same 24+ years, and is now bringing her dedicated customer service skills into the business. “Besides being the owner of the #1 franchise in mosquito and tick control, my goal is to be the most focused, customer oriented, pest control company in Central Illinois! Our certified technicians are trained not only in the area of pest management but are also experts in the area of vector management and provide the best customer service every day. I can say that because I too, am a certified technician for The SQUAD!” -Lisa
As a father of 3 daughters and 1 son, my commitment to protecting them and my wife is foremost on my mind everyday. We love the outdoors, boating, swimming, playing baseball, camping, everything! And with that lifestyle, has come concern for virus infections from mosquitoes and ticks. My education and years of professional experience, along with The SQUAD, has allowed me to no longer be concerned with vector born diseases that can harm us and our community within our own properties. -Instead I have become an expert on how to eliminate and control the world’s deadliest animal. I am proud to not only help protect my family in Illinois, but also be a part of a global effort like Malaria No More. -Daren
The SQUAD Passion: “We approach every day with a passion to do our best in every capacity so our clients can enjoy their yards and outdoor spaces.”
• Invented the Protective Barrier Treatment in 2005.
• Delivered over 1.3 million protective treatments in over 10 years.
• Tested and continue to test numerous environmentally responsible products to identify the
most effective recipe for immediate and continuous 14-21 day protection, eliminating 85-90%
of the mosquito population.
• Treat using a targeted application of a proprietary mix that provides immediate knock-down
elimination and residual protection from mosquitoes.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal licensing guidelines and utilize pest-control solutions that
have been registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
• Licensed technicians are trained specialists in mosquito and tick control and return every 14-21
days for season-long protection.
• Confirm customer service dates 24 hours in advance and confirm work completion before
leaving the property.
• Arrive at the property ready to work and easily identified in official Mosquito Squad vehicle and
• Guarantee client satisfaction with a free re-treatment offer or a refund of the treatment cost.
The SQUAD was named New & Emerging Business Owner of the Year by The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce. Mosquito Squad was also awarded the “Excellence in Client Service” award for first year in business.
• Stress to all homeowners the importance of basic backyard mosquito control by eliminating
standing water: Tip, Toss, Turn, Tarp Removal, Take Care, Team Up, Treat.
• Emphasize to all homeowners our 6Cs of tick control: Clear out, Clean, Choose plants, Check
hiding places, Care for family pets, and Call the pros.
We love our communities and strive to keep them educated and protected.